Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Virus removal Trojan.Agent/Gen-Sirefef

While browsing the internet trying to search the for a Facebook font I downloaded a virus. I'm not sure exactly what website it came from however this is the information I do have in regards to the research and removal of this trojan virus.

OPERATING SYSTEM: Running Windows 7 Service pack 1 virus protection software none.

SYMPTOMS: stared to prevent me from reaching Google webmaster tools, mail, analytic etc... 
I tested other https:// sites and so I realized the virus/spyware would kick in when I tried browsing to any HTTPS website I would also get random search results that normally would not show up in Google.

At first I thought it might  just be the date/time on my computer were incorrect after checking I came to the conclusion that I was hit with a virus.

The name of the virus: Trojan.Agent/Gen-Sirefef


I downloaded SupperAntiSpyware and ran a quick system scan it founded and claimed that it was removed/guarantee however the systems where still there.






I downloaded AVG 30-day trial version, updated the Virus definition update, and ran a scan it detected several Trojans all leading to the same type: Trojan.Agent/Gen-Sirefef

I ran the AVG removal tool then re-started my computer and it seems that all my browsers were back online and working properly.



I hope my short quick blog helps you get the virus off your computer, feel free to contact me or leave a comment if you have anyquestions

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate