Monday, November 10, 2014

Finally Google Chrome Resolving Host issue resolved!!!

I came across this issue a few weeks ago, were Google Chrome just sits on "Resolving Host" I would see this at the bottom left hand corner, for over 20 seconds sometimes even minutes. I tried everything to Resolve this issue, here is a list of all the things I tried:

1. Change DNS settings to Google 8.8.8.8 secondary  8.8.4.4
2. Tried changing DNS to Comcast (my local ISP) 75.75.75.75 secondary 75.75.76.76
3. Ran AVG Virus scan and Optimization
4. Ran Norton Virus scan and Network Check
5. Tried diffrent Internet Connections Timewarner, and Comcast 
6. MalwareBytes Scan
7. Uninstalled many applications that I thought my interfere with my connection
8. Reset the default settings in Google Chrome
9. Checked the Proxy settings in Chrome and tried several configurations 

Solution: 
None of this worked Here is the only thing that seems to fix it after several frustration hours trying to get this to work. I decided to set a Static IP instead of a dynamic IP inside my connection settings. After doing this my browser went back to Normal or maybe even faster its extremely fast!!! I'm running on a T1 line, Windows 7 with 8GB of RAM I didn't see this type of solution anywhere online so I hope it helps anyone having this issue. 

Overall I don't know exactly what caused the issue, but setting a STATIC IP was the only fix that did the trick. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate