Saturday, August 11, 2012

DDoS attacks are caused by Short link URL providers.

This is Just a thought that I came across while researching ways to make money online and thinking about all the recent news and rumors about DDoS (distributed denial of service attack) attacks around the same time I also received an email from Intermedia.com reporting possible DDoS attacks against NetworkSolutions.com .

Let me explain, I have noticed a huge number of new link shorting companies that are willing to pay if you use their services to shorten your links.
They normally pay a small amount (ranging from $4-6.50) per 1,000 visits.

I noticed however that when you create the short link the new link they provide is under their domain this means that at any given time they can point all their traffic to a specific IP bringing down any server that can't handle the traffic.

Let me know what are your thoughts on the possibility of this being true.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate