Sunday, March 1, 2015

The Google Policy Team - We have now verified that we are no longer detecting PII

ISSUE: Got this strange email unexpectedly from Google Adsense

Publisher ID: ca-pub-XXXXXXXXXXXXX


Dear Publisher,

We have now verified that we are no longer detecting PII being passed to Google from the account(s) under your control.

Thank you for helping to resolve this matter.

Regards,

The Google Policy Team

NOTES: I got this email after enabling the Google Adsense Plugin, I also added a few new sites to webmaster tools so I'm not sure why I got the email 

RESEARCH DONE: 

It seems like the notifications were sent in error overall but my own personal feeling is that it does come from Webmaster tools, not google adsense and it has to do with connecting your website to a wordpress plugin or another app that transfers your personal google account across the internet.

SOLUTION: 

I don't think this is a publishers security breach. I would love to hear what anyone else has to say about this issue for the time being I'm going to leave this one as resolved on my end and will blog more if I get any follow up notifications




No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate